Convenient Orthodontic Solutions with Invisalign from Dr. Shapiro in Greenbrae, CA
Crooked, gapped, turned, and crowded teeth not only prevent you from smiling confidently, but can also damage your oral health. Tooth decay and gum disease arising from untreated orthodontic issues is an all too common problem. If you have postponed the orthodontic treatment you need because of the time, cost, and inconvenience of traditional braces, Dr. Shapiro has your solution. Invisalign clear aligners can straighten your teeth conveniently and discretely, in half the time of traditional braces. To discover how Invisalign can renew your smile, make an appointment with Dr. Shapiro for an Invisalign consultation today.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a premium orthodontic treatment utilizing a series of virtually invisible, custom fabricated, removable aligners that incrementally straighten your teeth.
What Can Invisalign Fix?
- Gapped Teeth: Wide spacing can make it easier for bacteria to collect below your gum line, which increases your risk of developing gum disease.
- Underbites: Underbites can cause excessive wear and tear on your teeth, as well as temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder.
- Overbites: Many of the same complications that can occur with underbites can also happen if your top teeth bite over the lower teeth.
- Crowded Teeth: Left untreated, crowding only worsens over time, increasing your risk of plaque accumulation, gum disease, and tooth decay.
- Open Bite: An open bite can cause speech impairment, or make eating and chewing painful. Developing a TMJ disorder is also a risk.
- Crossbites: If the lower and upper jaws do not meet properly, it can cause pronounced wear and tear on the teeth, and increase your risk of developing TMJ disorder.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- Step #1- During your initial appointment, the dimensions of your smile will be digitally measured to guide the creation of your aligners and devise a successful treatment plan. You will be provided with a digital representation of the expected treatment results.
- Step #2- You will wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day, removing them to eat, brush, and floss. Every two weeks, you will receive the next set in the series.
- Step #3- Every six weeks, you will return to see Dr. Shapiro to monitor your progress.
- Step #4- At the end of your treatment, you can start showing off your brand new smile.
How long will Invisalign treatment take?
Whereas traditional braces can take over two years to straighten your teeth, on average, Invisalign treatment takes only one year, or the equivalent of 24 sets of Invisalign aligners.
What Are The Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners?
- Discretion: Invisalign clear aligners are almost invisible, which allow you to have a natural-looking smile during treatment.
- Convenience: Invisalign clear aligners can be easily removed to eat, drink, clean your teeth, or attend an important meeting or function.
- Effectiveness: A straighter smile at the end of treatment can give you that highly-coveted symmetry and spacing that is so important in a smile. It can also protect you from developing orthodontic complications like tooth decay and periodontal disease.
Invisalign Orthodontic Appointments in Greenbrae, CA
Remember, it’s never too late to straighten your teeth. Modern orthodontics like Invisalign clear aligners make it faster and more convenient than ever to get the orthodontic treatment you need. Make an appointment with Dr. Shapiro today for your Invisalign orthodontic consultation. Dr. Shapiro is conveniently located in Greenbrae, CA, and proudly serves patients of all ages throughout Larkspur, Kentfield, Ross, San Rafael, and the surrounding communities.